[tlug] Re: Onboard EEPro trouble, or...?

At the risk of giving an obvious answer or, worse, having completely
misunderstood the problem ...

I couldn't get an ADSL connection until I gave up on the Mandrake GUI
and ran adsl-setup, which is part of the rp-pppoe package. My problem
seemed similar to yours.

The fault was in /etc/ppp/pppoe-conf, which requires quotes in
ETH='eth0' and USER='jkeating@example.com' but not in any other
settings. Without them my machine was connecting only to itself. Having
fixed that, network start eth0 and adsl-start got me going.

	James Keating