Re: [tlug] Internet Speed Question??

Quoth Stuart Bouyer (Tue 2002-10-22 06:55:32AM +0900):

> If you want to milk the best results from your connection you need a
> download program like prozilla that will connect multiple times to a
> site and each connection will dl part of the program. The windoze
> equivalent is Download Accelerator.

And note that in doing so, you are being a bit unfair to people like me who
use a single FTP / HTTP connexion in order to be fair to other people like
me...

There are many ways to exploit Internet protocols to get better performance
for yourself, but the Catch-22 is that in doing so, you are ultimately hurting
yourself, because you are encouraging others to "cheat".

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.
http://www.incogen.com/

GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967