[tlug] Internet Speed Question??

I'm trying to download RH 8.0 from redhat.com running gftp. My connection is
B-Flets fiber optic. My router is a "PCI BRL-04ex Road Lanner capable of upto
30Mbps.... I tried downloading via my win box and I had a dl speed of 53.4
KB/s what gives here or am I missing someting??

Did a speed test on dslreports and got back this:
download speed=841Kbps
upload speed=2230 Kbps

My router has a stock setup (nothing manually opened or closed) how do I speed
up my downloads? and if you know a closer site to download RH, please let me
know..thanks in advance.. If more info is need please let me know!

Sincerely,
--
Gavin Rollins (Fukushima)

Gavin's English School