Re: [tlug] Internet Speed Question??

> As Josh said:
>
> > You do know that the slowest link between you and the download site will
> > govern the speed of the download, right?
>
> > When in Japan, I got good speeds from ftp.kddlabs.co.jp. You could try
looking
> > at the Red Hat Mirror Sites page:
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html
>
> I had the same problem with RedHat 8.0, and kept trying different mirrors.
I think that I
> ended up with 200 KBs from the Duke University LUG. I should mention, that
> whenever I download Linux stuff, I have consistently found their site to
be
> the fastest.
>
> Chuck

I tend to agree with Josh, I have had speeds of more than 250KBs from KDD
Labs and they have the Redhat mirrors along with almost anything else you
might want for BSD Unix's and Solaris.

I am sure that there are some really fast sites in the US but for Japan
stuff KDDLabs and Ayamura.org are among the best.

Cheers