Re: [tlug] Internet Speed Question??

As Josh said:

> You do know that the slowest link between you and the download site will
> govern the speed of the download, right?

> When in Japan, I got good speeds from ftp.kddlabs.co.jp. You could try looking
> at the Red Hat Mirror Sites page:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html

I had the same problem with RedHat 8.0, and kept trying different mirrors. I think that I
ended up with 200 KBs from the Duke University LUG. I should mention, that
whenever I download Linux stuff, I have consistently found their site to be
the fastest.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787