Re: [tlug] Disk I/O bottleneck: how to solve?

Have played with hdparm ?

from the man page :

DESCRIPTION
       hdparm  provides  a  command line interface to various hard disk ioctls
       supported by the stock Linux ATA/IDE  device  driver  subsystem.   Some
       options  may  work  correctly  only  with the latest kernels.  For best
       results, compile hdparm with the include files from the  latest  kernel
       source code.

//mauro//