Re: [tlug] Disk I/O bottleneck: how to solve?

>From: mauro@example.com
>
>Have played with hdparm ?

Yes. According to hdparm I already get about 37Mb/s from the drive. It's an
ATA-100 so I was worried about not getting the full 100Mb/s until I started
reading on ATA and found that the most you can get out most IDE drives is
40Mb/s.

I thik the 40Mb/s is the max sustained troughput that any IDE drive is
capable of because of some physical limitations of some kind. I'm not sure
what that limitation is though. (maybe the actual reading of the data from
the drive?)

100Mb/s a burst throughput that can only be achieved for short times and is
related to the size of the hard drive's buffer.

Jc