Re: [tlug] Followup on mutt and gpg

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com>
To: <tlug@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:22 AM
Subject: [tlug] Followup on mutt and gpg

> Not sure if anyone is interested, but I did a bit more experimenting for
> my own curiosity.  The patch to enable an OE client to read a mutt gpg
> signed email without it being considered an attachment is here:
>
> http://www.woolridge.org/mutt/patches/patch-1.4.0.dw.pgp-traditional.2
>
> It does work.

Hell yes it does! Excellent, Scott! Very clever! This was the first
digitally signed message that ever came through cleanly in my OE. I'm
reading this extremely enlightening thread in parallel with KMail and OE,
just to look what happens. Will post from the KMail client later to report
if there are any differences.

> In Gentoo, it's a bit of a nuisance, as you have to
> unpack an ebuild, install the patch, then continue.  I also found that I
> had to temporarily get rid of my cjk USE variables in /etc/make.conf.
> Otherwise, there's another Japanese patch that gets downloaded, that
> apparently interferes with it.

Err, if you could elaborate a teeny weeny bit more on that, I can try
getting this to work on my Gentoo desktop like you grownups out there. :-)

By the way, this may well be a FAQ and I expect getting told off for this,
what do I do if I switch machines very often? Can I copy keys from one PC to
the other, or do I create a key per PC?

Cheers
Ulrich Plate <-- seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, pretty good
privacy ahead!