Re: [tlug] Stopping Spam and viruses

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:51:46 +0900, Graeme Jensen <magic@example.com>
squashed this out of the keyboard:

Hmm.... This:

> Any good ideas or hints on stopping spam and or viruses.  I haven't got
> any viruses yet but am getting spammed heaps.

...and then this:

>  Any good ant virus software I should download??

...indicate a certain amount of confusion. I'm confused anyway. So, are you
getting viruses or not?

If it's spam you're worried about and if you are your own MX, then you could
consider something like spamassassin (http://www.spamassissin.org IIRC)

--
Sign spotted in an office:
AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT