[tlug] Re: Problem with Gentoo's ebuild for kterm?

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:02:04PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Howdy folks.  As some of you know, I have a page about inputting
> Japanese in RedHat and Gentoo. I got an email today from someone who had
> been having no luck with Japanese in Gentoo.  He had emerged (Gentoo's
> apt-get) kterm, however, when he hit shift + space, nothing happened.

<the rest of this snipped>

 Sorry to answer my own post, but figured I should follow up on this--I
 got an email from Mr. Bouyer, who seems to be doing much of Gentoo's
 Japanese work.  (He's actually an mlterm fan, however)  :).

 He wrote back that he hadn't done much work with it, but it would work
 if you called it with

XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP kterm -xim -km
euc

I tested this and does work.

He also mentioned that they're working on several other Japanese
projects--at present, mlterm is in ebuilds, albeit masked (however I
unmasked it and tried it--works without problem) kon etc. I have a
complete list on my page at
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html down at the bottom,
in the Gentoo section.

Anyway, hope this is of interest to some of you.

--
Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Angel: It was a bright afternoon out in front of your school. You
walked down the steps. And I loved you.
 Buffy: Why?
 Angel: 'Cause I could see your heart. You held it before you for
everyone to see. And I worried that it would be bruised or torn. And
more than anything in my life I wanted to keep it safe, to warm it
with my own.
 Buffy: That's beautiful. Or taken literally, incredibly gross.
 Angel: I was just thinking that, too.