Re: [tlug] IP Masquerading

Hi Ulrich,

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 23:09, Ulrich Plate wrote:

> > If I'm setting the ADSL router to bridge mode, do I need to
> > configure the Corega router with the PPPoA username/password
> > that I usually set in the Fujitsu router?
>
> That's right. If you put your DSL router in bridge mode, your Corega has to
> handle the PPP connection. But that should be PPPoE, not PPPoA, you don't
> have direct access to the ATM interface, that's what the Fujitsu
> bridge/modem is supposed to do for you.

Okay, my Corega router does have a PPPoA mode. So next I will
try to put the Fujitsu router in bridge mode, and set up the
Corega router to handle the PPP connection.

When in "bridge mode", what exactly is the Fujitsu router doing?
Is it just taking packets from the ATM interface and passing
them along to my LAN? Or is it still a router with its own IP
address?

Sorry for all the questions, but this kind of stuff is not
covered in the manual at all--the manual has info along the
lines of "Choose PPPoE to use a PPPoE connection." :^\

Cheers,

Ryan