Re: [tlug] MRTG (was: Re: bandwidth statistic generaing program?)

Quoth Jim Breen (Sat 2002-08-17 09:56:24AM +1000):
> [Josh Glover (Re: [tlug] MRTG (was: Re: bandwidth statistic generaing program?)) writes:]
> >>
> >> I like that! I do not like to run snmpd on my stuff due to some
> >> security vulnerabilities that centre around SNMP being a shitty
> >> protocol. ;)
>
> No, it's a great protocol. Bear in mind the "S" stands for simple.

Simple Network Management Protocol, got it. ;)

I will re-read the RFC[s] in question, as it has been awhile. But I was not
very impressed with it last time I read them.

> Badly-coded software notwithstanding, its main "problem" is unauthorised
> "set"  directives.

That is always a problem, bad software, I mean. :(

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.