Re: [tlug] Re: wither ipchains?

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:31:38AM +0900, Brett Robson quoth, and most verily thus:

[...]

> That's basically what the official site says, *netfilter* is the kernel
> hooks that ipchains or iptables use.
>
> http://www.netfilter.org/

*gulp*

I shall now insert my foot firmly into my mouth. This is not the first
time that I have confused the two names, tragically.

And on their site, I found a doc that does just what I wanted, explain
the architecture thoroughly.[1]

Thanks. Let me read this puppy and make sure that my understanding of
how the things works is correct.

-Josh

[1]
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-hacking-HOWTO.html