Re: [tlug] Parallel port driving me nuts

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:04:48AM +0200, Ian Barwick quoth, and most verily thus:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Godwin Stewart wrote:
>
> > That was it. Thanks.
> >
> (...)
> >
> > Oh well, I suppose it happens to the best of us...
>
> ... and the rest of us (tries not to mention the incident when I
> spent half an evening trying to fix a broken network configuration,
> only solved when my better half suggested "looking if all the plugs
> are in properly" ...).

Shit, I remember a time, early in my Linux career, when I
*reinstalled* Red Hat because my PCMCIA NIC would not work. Turned out
that the DHCP server's ethernet cable was a bit loose...

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.