[tlug] DNS servers down?

General question concerning DNS servers. I have two networks at work (ISDN
and ADSL) and I can "see" an outside machine by "name" (not ip) on one
network (ISDN) but not on the other (ADSL). I get an error message like
this:

[root@example.com]# telnet www.av-navi.co.jp 80
telnet: www.av-navi.co.jp: Temporary failure in name resolution
www.av-navi.co.jp: Host name lookup failure

However a telnet to other world machines (like hotmail) works fine.

Does this mean that some nameserver (possibly my ADSL provider's) is
misbehaving?

What can I do to diagnose this problem further so that I can find the root
problem and how to fix it?

Jc