Re: [tlug] vi and Japanese

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 07:06:24AM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:

> > Rather than waiting for an answer, I decided to play with my font
> > settings and see what happens. What happened was weird. When I use a
> > western font, say lucidatypewriter, kinput2 works but outputs mojibake.
> > When I use a Japanese font, though, kinput2 just doesn't work.
>
> Now it's starting to sound like your version of vim is older than version 6?

No, it's definitely 6. 6.1.48 to be exact. I'm using Debian Potato,
which still comes w/ 5.something, and wasn't in a hurry to upgrade. But
then I wanted Vim on a Windows box, installed the latest binary, and
decided v.6 was pretty cool, so I compiled it from source on all three
of my Linux boxes. Maybe I didn't enable something that I need for
Japanese, since I didn't know I could.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA