Re: [tlug] unsubscribe

>>>>> "jb" == Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> writes:

    jb> I don't how good (or bad) Mailman's Administravia filter is,
    jb> but Majordomo's is enough of a PITA that most list-owners
    jb> turn if off.

Hrm, I don't know.  All the mailman lists I'm subscribed to (python,
emacs-devel, IrDA, Coda, and of course XEmacs lists) are highly clued.
I _was_ going to say "all the administrivia trap catches at XEmacs is
[un]subscribe messages" but that's not surprising given the audience.

FWIW it's not been a complaint on mailman-users, and they don't
hesitate to pipe up when they see an opportunity to reduce their work
and/or complaint load.

BTW, I'm not advocating this for TLUG, I think it's strictly up to the
convenience of the admins.  I'm interested in the filtering technology
itself.

I think it's interesting how far filtering technology has progressed,
though.  And to think it's all driven by human stupidity; none of the
advanced filtering tools I know of were designed to help smart people
do their work directly.  They were all developed on the spur of
weeding out the dummies and other productivity-reducers.  :-(