RE: [tlug] Tomcat and Cocoon 2.9

I didn't want to give details if no one was running Tomcat, thank you.

I am running

Sedhat 7.2
Apache/1.3.22
mod_ssl/2.8.5
java/jdk1.3.1_03/
Tomcat 4.0.4 Beta 2

I think those are the main ingreadients.

I assume you have Tomcat running on port 8080 like I do.  I can access
Tomcat by typing in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
or going directly to my Cocoon app by typing
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/cocoon/.

I would like to be able to for example access the system like this without
:8080 https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cocoon/ while still bing able to access static
pages or non java servlet pages like php from apache by typing something
like https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/doc/somedoc.php

I acutally had it running once on a previous installation similar to this
only not using SSL, but can't seem to get it to work this time.  I am trying
to use mod_jk.  I can't figure out why I can't get it to work if there is
something in my workers.properties or mod_jk.conf that needs adjusted or
what.

I realize that this is complicated and it may be totally different with
tomcat versions you have installed, but if you have any ideas or experience
that you have had in the past with this kind of problem it would be helpful.
I have read I think all the online documentation and still no luck.

Really I think there may be two seperate issues, one getting apache to
forward servlets to port 8080, the other to get Tomcat to support SSL.

From the documentation, this shouldn't be a big deal, but I am missing
something.  When you installed Tomcat did you have it running with Apache
like this?

James