Re: [tlug] Tomcat and Cocoon 2.9

James Cluff wrote:
> I didn't want to give details if no one was running Tomcat, thank you.
>
> I am running
>
> Sedhat 7.2

Awesome! The Secret Distro! How did you get your hands on that?

> I assume you have Tomcat running on port 8080 like I do.  I can access
> Tomcat by typing in http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
> or going directly to my Cocoon app by typing
> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/cocoon/.

But of course.

> I would like to be able to for example access the system like this without
> :8080 https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cocoon/ while still bing able to access static
> pages or non java servlet pages like php from apache by typing something
> like https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/doc/somedoc.php

Wouldn't we all. Try putting this in your httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
         DocumentRoot /path/to/htdocs
         ServerName server.name.tld
         JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
         JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
         JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
         JkMount /otherdirs/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

That works for me. Should work for you, as well, as long as your mod_jk
is setup right. I think it is. I get those errors (well, they are
actually just warnings), too, and they are safe to ignore.

Happy hacking.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator