[tlug] Re: Piping stderr?

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> writes:

>     Josh> Is it possible to pipe (not redirect) stderr?
>
>     Josh> Ideas?
>
> zsh is the "Shell of the Gods".  But if you won't listen to the doctor
> and continue to bash yourself ;-) try

I agree that zsh is a very nice shell. If it supported multibyte
encodings, I would probably use it.

But as zsh doesn't support any multibyte encodings yet and I don't
know of any patches to add multibyte support to zsh, I prefer to use a
bash patched for multibyte (including UTF-8) support.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。