Re: [tlug] Piping stderr?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Josh> Is it possible to pipe (not redirect) stderr?
>
>     Josh> Ideas?
>
> zsh is the "Shell of the Gods".  But if you won't listen to the doctor
> and continue to bash yourself ;-) try

A-ha! It was in the zsh docs that I found a reference to the elusive |&,
wan't it? Why do you prefer it to bash?

> foo 2>&1 | tee log

Why did I not think of that!? I guess the idioms confused me. "Redirect
stderr to the same place that stdout is going, then pipe stdout to tee"
does make sense when you write it out, though, doesn't it? :)

Thanks again, Steve!

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator