Re: [tlug] Japanese and Perl

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 16:23, Brett Robson wrote:

> I've got an web application in cgi/Perl that I'm working on. The text
> processing is straight forward and it handles Japanese text OK, the data
> doesn't get mangled. But searches don't work. Reading the online Perl
> material I thought Perl 5.6 would handle simple string matching but it
> doesn't.

I assume that someone on this list will be able to answer your
questions, but if not, Michael Beddow wrote the search engine for my
online (XML/text) CJK dictionaries (www.acmuller.net), which are encoded
in UTF-8, using Perl 5.6. If you need, I can put you in touch with him.
You can also find him through the same web site, where he has attached a
couple of technical articles.

Chuck