Re: [tlug] Japanese character input for KDE

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

>Urk. Have you checked out the archives (are they working today ;)?

They most not be working.  A search on "KDE" came back with nothing, which
I thought was kinda odd.

>This is an oft asked and answered question on this list.
>
>The answer boils down to this: input in X is application-specific, not
>global to a Window Manager.
>
>E.g. if I want to be able to input Japanese in Mozilla Mail, I do
>something like:
>
>kinput2 -canna &
>LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 mozilla -mail &
>
>Ya dig?

Uhh...kind of..I'm kind of a Linux Newbie.  Is that something I can just
enter from the command line, or does it belong in a file somewhere?