Re: [tlug] Disparity between quota and du output

Simon Cozens wrote:
> Jonathan Byrne:
>
>>Is the lack of answers to this because nobody knows, or is it because
>>it's a stupid question and I don't even know it? :-)
>

> http://www.fishrush.com/warnocksdilemma.shtml

Good stuff! :)

Jonathon, I do not know the answer to your question, but I have seen
many posts on some of the lists to which I subscribe[1] on the following:

- "df and du give me different output"
- "du and quota give me different output"
- "du and foo give me different output"

So I rather suspect a bug in du, as the posters have noticed this on
different versions of Solaris, Linux, *BSD, etc. This would be strange,
as du has been around for a long time, but... ? I have not slogged
through the source yet, however. Maybe later today.

-Josh

[1] sun-managers, linux-focus, et al.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>