Re: [tlug] MySQL vs Oracle

Thanks for the information. I guess that what Matt said is probably true.
This particular consultant believes in what once might have been true but is
not longer the case when it some to speed or maximum table sizes.

I was trying to find the maximum number of rows that a MySQL table can hold
but couldn't find anything. Though I did find that it can hold up to 8
million terabytes of data in one table (I read this in japanese so I might
have misunderstood).

Does anyone know of any "commercial" sites that use MySQL for storing large
numbers of data? (like the 10 million plus that was mentioned?)

Now if I can only convince this consultant to go do some homework and prove
himself wrong. But he seems very pig-headed :)

Jc