Re: [tlug] Postgresql pg_hba.conf

On Fri, 24 May 2002, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have there been any changes in access policies for Postgresql 7.2x? I
> cant seem to connect over the network even after adding my IP to
> pg_hba.conf.

The config files are no longer actively monitored by the postmaster,
any changes are only read on startup / SIGHUP.

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?client-authentication.html

"The pg_hba.conf file is read on startup and when the postmaster receives
a SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file on an active system, you will need
to signal the postmaster  (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it
re-read the file. "

> 7.1.2 on the same machine reads pg_hba.conf the way it should.

This change took place came into effect with 7.2

HTH

Ian Barwick