[tlug] a lot of questions

Hello tlugers.

I now have adsl (^-^) and now I can finally move completely to linux. I had
rdsi before and my card was not supported by linux but now with the router
all will be different :-)
I have a lot of questions about almost everything and I was thinking to make
some emails or one big email. I thought that one email is better.
Sorry if it is long, but I really need this info to move to linux.
I would like some recommendations about software of these topics:

1. Best web browser for visualize japanese web pages
2. Email client that can best support japanese.
3. A download software that can support resume. Someone like the windows
getright or dap.
4. Video players, for real media, mpg, avi, divx, etc Are there some player
that include all in one?
5. An online dictionary for translations, not only japanese.
6. Most popular news reader.

I have an optical usb logitech mouse. It works properly with mandrake and
redhat but I want to use it with debian. I didn't found at www.tldp.org/ a
howto that can help me. Are there some good place where I might found usb
information for linux?

I have also an usb QuickCam of logitech and gnomemeeting seems to work fine
with M$ netmeeting but I still couldn't find a place that cover this topic
in depth.

That's all. Thankyou very much in advance.
I hope to answer and write next emails from linux and not from this outlook
express!

pietro