Re: [tlug] a lot of questions

Zuco Pietro wrote:

> I have a lot of questions about almost everything and I was thinking to make
> some emails or one big email. I thought that one email is better.
> Sorry if it is long, but I really need this info to move to linux.
> I would like some recommendations about software of these topics:
>
> 1. Best web browser for visualize japanese web pages

galeon. See the mozilla thread.

> 2. Email client that can best support japanese.

sylpheed, mutt, etc.

> 3. A download software that can support resume. Someone like the windows
> getright or dap.

wget

> 4. Video players, for real media, mpg, avi, divx, etc Are there some player
> that include all in one?

mplayer/gmplayer

> 6. Most popular news reader.
>
> I have an optical usb logitech mouse. It works properly with mandrake and
> redhat but I want to use it with debian. I didn't found at www.tldp.org/ a
> howto that can help me. Are there some good place where I might found usb
> information for linux?

put this into /etc/modutils/usbmouse :
alias char-major-13 hid
below hid mousedev

then run update-modules.
Make sure you have the usb and mouse drivers compiled  (as modules).
Create the device file for the mouse:
mknod /dev/usbmouse2 c 13 32

Have something like this in your XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "USBMouse"
    Driver  "mouse"
    Option  "Protocol"       "IMPS/2"
    Option  "Device"         "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option  "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
    Option  "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
#    Option "Emulate3Timeout"    "50"
EndSection

The "ServerLayout" section should have your mouse defined:
   InputDevice  "USBMouse" "CorePointer"

good luck.

--
B0Ti.