Re: [tlug] Mozilla - comment and questions

Well I have extended my "WWWJDIC Button" system to support Mozilla.
The solution also works for Netscape6 and Galeon, since they both support
the document.characterSet object in Javascript. (The little scraps of
Javascript now test the page coding, and include a code tag in the
parameters  sent to WWWJDIC.)

I don't have a solution for Opera yet, as its Javascript support is still
patchy. Anyway, Opera's Japanese support is rudimentary. The authors seem
not to have heard of kanji, and ask you to select *either* hiragana *or*
katakana as the writing system. Japanese text displays with humungous gaps
between most of the characters.

The only hurdle now is my Google-J  button which should be fine
as it has a coding tag. I have a Goo button too, but it seems Goo
autodetects.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298