Re: [tlug] unsubscribe

Ryan Shaw (ryan.shaw@example.com) wrote:

> But I believe LUGs should be forces for advocacy

Advocacy of what, exactly?

> techno-elitism, I couldn't really endorse such behavior.

Why not?  We can advocate techno-elitism.   We're quite happy to help
people become techno-elite.  What we're not happy to do is dumb down
Linux, or help anyone else to do so.

People who want the power of Unix without the responsibility don't
need Linux.  They need a Mac with OS X.  Apple has done a neat
enough job of pulling that off that you might find me with an iBook
tucked into my own backpack one of these days.

Jonathan