Re: [tlug] CrossOver Office

> What makes you think there is any such thing as an "English" version
> of Office anymore?  My bet is that if you look into the registry
> you'll find an entry like:
>
> [Word]
> CanDoJapanese=MustPayAntitrustFine---MakeThemBuyNihongoPan

Well that is one of the minor reasons that I am attracted to Linux.

But I do understand what some mean by not having any choice but to use
Office because of their clients. In my case, my company uses Office, and all
documents must be accessible from all computers. All the data entry that our
clients request is for Excel, or rarely Word. Is there an open publishing
standard like xhtml for word processing? An open XML standard could be
created to handle that, but the accountants of the software companies would
never let it happen, I guess. And with good reason. They'd be out of a job.