Re: [tlug] CrossOver Office

Drew Poulin (poulin@example.com) wrote:

> entire Windows OS.  I doubt if it runs the Japanese version of MS Office yet, but it

But the English version of Office displays Japanese perfectly well, and
does Japanese input, too (with MS-IME; who knows if crossover plugin
will leap the very tall building of letting you use kinput2 with
MS Office?), so if your needs are merely to read Japanese-language
MS Word documents, you may be covered.  If you have people who need
a localized version of the application itself, that may be different.

WRT Abiword at all, while I do not have to deal with highly complex
MS Office documents [1], and happily rarely have to deal with them
at all, I have had no problems with correctly reading MS Word and Excel
documents with Abiword and Gnumeric.  I understand KDE Office also does
a good job, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Jonathan

[1] Particularly, no tables.