Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

[Chris Crowther (Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting) writes:]
>> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Jim Breen wrote:
>> > The point is I want to be a user; not a sysadmin. Yet the out-of-the-box
>> > installations rarely set up fstab the way I want.
>>
>> 	You can just su to root, make the changes to fstab, then drop back
>> out to your normal, unprivileged user.

Which is exactly what I have been doing for the last 8 years.

My comment was in the context of an earlier post that users shouldn't
change the fstab; sysadmins should.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298