[tlug] Linux Network Configuation

How can I go about consolidating what I know
in networks. I know enough to set up a router,
web,mail server but it is all self taught and naturally
has heaps of holes in it. I want to be an expert like
some of the guys in this group. Of course Im always
busy learning Chinese etc., but Id like to become more
solid in my knowledge. How can I do this?

Is there a set path I can take in terms of network
configuration that allows me guarantee that knowledge.

Scott