Re: [tlug] debian japanese -it aint pretty

but it works!

In my frustration I took to hacking around with xmodmap.

xmodmap -e "clear mod1"

Seems to fix the problem. I can now Alt-Meta to my hearts delight.

I will have to put up at page about this. Tommorow. ok, so all told this
took about 12 hours of hacking on the box. Things went pretty well until
alt-meta broke. I should get a life. ;)

thanks for all your comments and help.

oh yes, I learned a new unix command while I was at it:

(for bash)

for file in `grep -l mod1 *` ; do cp $file $file.bak;
sed -e s/mod1/mod3/ $file > $file ; done;

which accomplished exactly nothing. But was a good use of bash
none the less.

おやすみ!

-Michael