From: Matt Doughty [mailto:mdoughty@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 8:20 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] J-COM cable Internet

every chips in for an old pentium or something, and then install
the free unix of your choice just to handle the proxying.  It
will probably never go down unless the hardware dies. You want
to take the harddrive out of the equation? Look at the linux router
project. Still to much stress? Get a cheap adsl router, and there
is nothing to maintain. Don't like to cable? thats what wireless is
for. If what I know about gaijin houses are correct all of these
solutions are better than trying to get multiple internet connections
in one of those places.  Cable and the like tend to depend on an ok
from the land lord, and for that matter so do multiple phone lines.

--Matt