Re: [tlug] Brother MFC-9200J

Eric O. Flores (goripi@example.com) wrote:

> I just got me a new Brother MFC-9200J printer.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Brother

Lists various Brother MFC-9xxx printers as being partially
supported.  The MFC-9200J does not appear on the list, but
if the J means "Japanese" that's may because no one outside
of Japan has gotten one yet and no in inside Japan has tried it
and submitted back results.   It doesn't appear on the "paperweight"
list either, which means they probably have just never heard of it.

The listing for the MFC-9500 is here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=81568

That page also has links to linuxprinting.org Brother printer
discussion forums (web, mail-based, and newsgroup) where you might
find some help and ideas for that printer.

Jonathan