Re: [tlug] linuxconf, webmin

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:08:52AM +0900, Matt Doughty wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:57:41PM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:51:17PM +0900, Tomita Alberto wrote:
> >
> > > SMIT? No need. There's linuxconf (RedHat), yast (SuSE) ...
> >
> > Good point.
> >
> > Does anyone actually USE that crap, day-to-day?  I've yet to meet a sysadmin
> > who uses anything other than vi permutations.  Am I out of touch?
> >
> Yeah, every time I get really bored I break out linuxconf fubar my system,
> and spend the rest of the day trying to fix it.  I thought that was what

I also rather quickly gave up on linuxconf.

While I haven't been using it, it looks like webmin has made
some solid progress at becoming a credible GUI administration
tool. I have a couple of friends that are staunch believers.
  http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

I'm too old to learn new methods.  Half ;-)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/