[tlug] Evolution and Japanese

Apoligies if this question has been asked and answered previously,
however I was unable to locate it in your archive.

I am having problems getting Japanese to display correctly within
Evolution - about the best I can do is getting katakana with squares
where the other characters should be after I change my
gtkhtml-properties-capplet to a Japanese font.  I have the correct LANG
settings in my profile (both user and global), and have also tried
calling Evolution with the language options used in my profile to no
avail.

If any of you have had any success with this, please let me know how you
did it.

Kind regards,

Andy Hunne