Re: [tlug] Installing and uninstalling Netscape

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 19:38, BOTi wrote:

Thanks for offering help. I am a complete beginner.

> rpm -qf `which netscape`

This is answered by "No such file or directory"

> should show you the package to which the netscape binary belongs.
> You can delete the package with "rpm --erase packagename".

I tried "rpm --erase netscape" and get

"package netscape is not installed".

I also tried it with "Netscape."

> What do you mean by "netscape recognized"?  By whom, or what application?

For example, if I would like the Netscape icon to be on my program menu,
and also have it appear as an optional program for opening HTML files
when I right-click on them. At present Netscape 4.7 is in both of these
positions.

Regards,

Chuck