Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:38:50AM -0500, Scott wrote:
> In RH 7.2 with Japanese as default language, it works without problem. In
> RH7.2, with English as the default language but with Japanese support, it
> doesn't seem to work. (I don't use rxvt, so wasn't aware of this until
> trying it just now).
> FWIW in that English version of RH, I can, with kterm, use vi and pico in
> Japanese (therefore mutt and pine as well) as well as call various X
> applications such as Sylpheed and xchat in Japanese without problem.

simple.
kterm does not use kinput2 for japanese input.
(and neiter do *emacs (you'll find that they'll work too))

for rxvt and all the rest need kinput2 set up, which in your english
version is likely not to be the case.

greetings, martin.
--
i am looking for a job anywhere in the world, doing pike programming,
caudium/pike/roxen training, roxen/caudium and/or unix system administration.