Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:48:16PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can't use kinput2 in rxvt.  Does rxvt support the input of Japanese by using kinput2?

In Debian (sid), I use "krxvt" for Japanese input, with kinput2.
Here are my settings:

  krxvt:  This is invoked like this from an X menu item ...

    krxvt -bg gray85 -fn 12x24 -fm kanji24 -geometry 80x28+20+20

  kinput2:  This is started (in WindowMaker) by putting this
            in the file ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart ...

    kinput2 -canna &
    wsetfont japanese

  (That second item is not strictly required, I think, but it forces
  WindowMaker to use the right fonts for its own menus.  If I recall
  correctly.)

  /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession: In this file I have ...

    export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput"
    export LANG=ja_JP
    export LC_MESSAGES=C

This was not the result of any grand design, mind you.  :-)

Cheers,
Frank
Nagoya