Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:17:51 +0900
Frank Bennett <bennett@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:48:16PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I can't use kinput2 in rxvt.  Does rxvt support the input of Japanese
by using kinput2?

In RH 7.2 with Japanese as default language, it works without problem. In
RH7.2, with English as the default language but with Japanese support, it
doesn't seem to work. (I don't use rxvt, so wasn't aware of this until
trying it just now).
FWIW in that English version of RH, I can, with kterm, use vi and pico in
Japanese (therefore mutt and pine as well) as well as call various X
applications such as Sylpheed and xchat in Japanese without problem.

Not sure if this does anything more than further muddy the waters

Scott Robbins