Re: can't input Japanese in kinput2

On 13:04 2001/09/17 +1000, Jim Breen wrote
>[Scott (can't input Japanese in kinput2) writes:]
> >>
> >> I'm running RH 7.1 English, with Japanese support.  Kinput2 and canna are
> >> both installed, cannaserver starts on bootup, and kterm opens without
> >> problem.  However, when I hit shift + space I don't get the hiragana "a"
> >> that one should get.  I tried reinstalling kinput (from an RPM on the RH
> >> CD) however, still no luck.  When it's running properly, I'm able to
> input
> >> Japanese in either vi or pico without problem.
>
>Where do you start kinput2? You don't mention this above.

Sorry--I use Blackbox as my window manager, so I created an .Xclients file
that reads
kinput2 -canna &
exec blackbox

This way, it starts whenever I type startx.  I checked it with a ps ax |
grep kinput2 and it was definitely running.
(However, don't know if you saw the followup---the HD is definitely dying,
to the point where various things disappear--so we're thinking that might
have been a part of the problem. :) )

Thanks
Scott
Thanks