[Fwd: .config]

Thanks for you efforts on this:

> >     Dan> How can I generate a .config file from my current setup that
> >     Dan> I know works?
> >
> > You have to find one.

I've searched everywhere but with no luck.

> Usually you can find it here:
>
>     mfabian@example.com:/usr/src/linux$ ll /proc/config.gz
>
>> This is the .config from the currently running kernel.

This file does not exists on my /proc/

> You can compile a new kernel with these settings by calling
>
>     mfabian@example.com:/usr/src/linux$ make cloneconfig

Doesn't work, cloneconfig is not supported.

> > Most distros keep them around somewhere, Debian
> > eg keeps them in /boot/config-<version>.  cp that to
> > /usr/local/src/linux/.config (or wherever you keep your kernel sources).

No, not there either!

> > Now, if you were using XEmacs as your kernel, you'd just type
> > "describe-installation" and get the full configuration.  But you're
> > not.  ;-)

Interesting! How do you get to use XEmacs as a Kernel?

So anyway, I tried defining my own configuartion but I'm stuck on not being able to make
install-modules. I can't get my PCMCIA settings wright and the thing just falls over. It would
have been nice to know what the current settings are. I'll try a few more options on my config
and get back to you guys if I can't move forward.

Thanks,

Dan