Re: Soundcard

> On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 11:54:15AM +0900, Dan Lindfield wrote:
> >
> > Installed O/S [Win95/Win98-Win2000/Other]     =    Other
> > On board Device Configuration:
> >     USB Device [Enable/Disable]         =    Enable
> >     Audio Device [Enable/Disable]       =    Enable
> >     Sound Blaster [Enable/Disable]      =    Disable
> >     MPU-401 [Enable/Disable]            =    Disable
> >     FM Port [Enable/Disable]            =    Enable
>
> Starting with the BIOS, enable the Sound Blaster and the
> MPU-401.

Thats done.

> Next I need to know which kernel version are you using.
> If you are not using the 2.4.7 kernel sources, I suggest
> building a new kernel.

I have the 2.2.14 from Mandrake kernel version. To buid a new kernel with
version 2.4.7, I will need a bit of time.

> If you are using the 2.4.7 kernel,
> then I need to know which selections you have made under
> the "ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL" and "Sound" menus.

When I recompiled my kernel I used 'make menuconfig' and only changed the
sound support section. Here I selected 'Sound card support', 'OSS sound
modules', 'VIA82c686 codec'. By selected I mean option 'Y' not option 'M'
as I wanted to install sound in the kernel and not as a module. Having said
all this I am now using my old linux kernel so sound is modular again.

Cheers

Dan