Re: Office documents

Sako Eaton wrote:

> I has used StarOffice--with very satisfying results--to import files from
> all of these programs.

In my experience, one pretty basic formatting feature that SO (at least 5.1)
doesn't reproduce faithfully from MS Word is table formatting.  SO doesn't seem
to recognize, for example, that certain table cells have been merged in Word.
The individual cells show up again when you open the document in SO.  That alone
makes SO fairly useless for my purposes, not to mention the lack of Japanese
support.  Also, the autocomplete feature of the word processor really . . . bogs
. . . down  . . . once you get a fair number of entries in it.  It's basically
unusable at that point.

FWIW

Drew Poulin