Re: RH net configuration GUI tool buggy?

>On RH 7.1 I was trying to the Net Configuration GUI tool to set up my
>ethernet card. All the settings seemed to work except for the default
>gateway.
>
>Under the routing tab I added a default gw ip address but a quick look at
>route's output showed that no gw had been installed. I added the gw using
>route and everything is fine now.
>
>My question is this, had anyone else noticed this problem? Is this really a
>porblem or did I use the wrong GUI tool for the job?

Jc,

I have exactly the same problem on RH7.1.
And more, I edited the gateway on the tool, but whenever i boot Linux, I
have to open the tool and press [ok] even though I can see the setting
there. I haven't tried any other graphical tool yet. After all, I edited the
config files manually.

And my question here: When I shutdown/reboot with RedHat7.1, I get the
message "now rebooting" but it doesn't shutdown/reboot automatically but I
have to press the power button.  How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

--
BABA Yoshihiko
Town Planner