Re: RH net configuration GUI tool buggy?

Jean-Christian Imbeault (jean_christian@example.com) wrote:

> My question is this, had anyone else noticed this problem? Is this really a
> porblem or did I use the wrong GUI tool for the job?

Isn't "wrong GUI tool?" a redundancy? :-)

Seriously, though, I have no idea if the the GUI has a problem or
not; I didn't even know there was a GUI tool for that in RH 7.1, although
I suspected there must be (never looked for it, don't know its name).
I just use a text editor for all that stuff.

In Red Hat, you can set your default gateway by editing
/etc/sysconfig/network and adding/changing:

GATEWAY=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

where the dotted quads are, of course, the IP address of your
gateway.

Jonathan