kterm compile question.

Hi everyone.  I was trying to compile kterm the other day and got an
error:

gcc -o kterm -O2 -fno-strength-reduce      -L/usr/X11R6/lib button.o
charproc.o cursor.o data.o input.o
 main.o menu.o misc.o screen.o scrollbar.o tabs.o                 util.o
VTPrsTbl.o                gset.o convert.o xim.o kinput2.o convlib.o
-lxkbfile -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXext -lX11     -lncurses
-lutempter -lutil
misc.o: In function `Bell':
misc.o(.text+0x510): undefined reference to `TWindow'
make: *** [kterm] Error 1

So, in probing around it appears that the 'TWindow' is defined in
ptyx.h.  There are a few other defines in there two.  They are only in
effect when XKB is defined.  e.g.:

#ifdef XKB
        XkbStdBell(screen->display,TWindow(screen),percent,which);
#else

For some reason, xmkmf creates a Makefile that defines and sets XKB on
command lines for gcc.  Is there something wrong with the configuration of
my machine so that it thinks it can support XKB and it really can't?

The other thing is, what is XKB and why is it used?  If I remove the
definition of XKB in the Makefile it compiles fine and seems to be very
usable.  Is not having XKB going to cause me greif?

Any comments?

Thanks.

--
Marc C.